Pattern Fitting & Garment Sewing Classes
Private classes are designed to improve both your fitting and sewing skills. Students are most passionate when they are working on a project they love, which is why I tailor my sewing lessons around the student's chosen project, instead of a canned curriculum.
Private classes are $70/hour.
If you purchase several hours at a time, I offer the following discounts:
8 hours of consulting time $532 (5% discount)
12 hours of consulting time $756 (10% discount)
24 hours of consulting time: $1428 (15% discount)
(Clicking the Schedule Me buttons will open a scheduling request page.)
"I'm intimidated by pattern fitting and garment sewing.
Can I start slow?"
Upper Body Fitting & Sewing Class
Dip your toe into garment fitting and sewing by learning to fit by sewing a button front blouse. (I can suggest patterns, or you may pick your own.)
In this class, you will:
- Tissue-fit and fabric-fit a button-front blouse
- Learn pattern alteration techniques
-Learn dart migration --- a technique that can instantly transform this pattern into hundreds of different styles
- Learn construction techniques to finish the blouse beautifully, inside and out.
Pick-YOUR-Pattern Fitting & Sewing Class
Don't like any of the FIt & Sew Pattern options?
In this class you will learn:
- Alteration techniques to fit the pattern of your choice to your unique figure
- Construction techniques for your project
- Fine finishing details, which will make your garment unique.
"I want the PERFECT Tee-Shirt!"
Knit Fitting & Sewing Class
Are you afraid of sewing knits? Do you want a perfectly fitted knit top?
Want to learn to use your serger?
In this combination fitting instruction and sewing class you will learn to:
- Tissue-fit and fabric-fit sewing patterns
for knit fabrics.
- Sew knit fabric with confidence on your standard machine and serger
(Serger is not required for class.)
- How to make neckline and sleeve variations
- Finishing techniques for knit fabrics
to make the top of your dreams.
"I want a pair of pants that actually FIT!"
Pants Fitting and Pants Sewing Class
If you've been frustrated with making pants that fit you, then this class is for you. You will learn to:
- Alter pants patterns to fit YOU
- Sew pants step-by-step
- Fit pants as you construct them
- Create professional construction details
Join Our Mailing List and Receive a Free Fitting Checklist
Subscribe to our newsletter and ---- and in addition to news about specials, new classes and sewing tips --- you'll receive a free Palmer/Pletsch fitting checklist. Click the button below to subscribe: